Gut Pathogens Stool Test- Diagnostic Solutions
Test Type: Stool (1-day single specimen collection)
MARKERS INCLUDED ON THIS TEST:
- Bacterial Pathogens (Campylobacter, C difficile Toxin A & B, EHEC, E coli 0157, EIEC/Shigella, ETEC LT/ST, Salmonella, Shiga-like Toxins, Shigella, etc.)
- Parasitic Pathogens (Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia)
- Viral Pathogens (Adenovirus, Norovirus, Rotavirus)
- H pylori (H Pylori, with 7 virulence factors)
- Normal Bacterial Flora (Bacteroides Fragilis, Bifidobacter, Enterococcus, E. coli, Lactobacillus, Clostridium Spp., Enterobacter Spp.)
- Phyla Microbiota (Bacteroidetes, Firmicutes, Bateroidetes/Firmicutes ratio)
- Opportunistic Bacteria (Bacillus, Enterococcus, Morganella, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, etc)
- Autoimmune Triggers (Citrobacter, Klebsiella, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Prevotella Copri, Proteus Spp etc)
- Parasites (Blastocystis hominis, Dientamoeba fragilis, Endolimax nana, Entamoeba coli, Chilomastix mesnelli, Cyclospora, Pentatrichomonas)
- Fungi/Yeast (Candida albicans, Candida spp., Geotricum spp., Microsporidia spp., Rodotorula spp.)
- Viruses (Cytomegalovirus, Epstein Barr Virus)
- Worms (Ancylostoma duodenale, Ascaris lumbricoides, Necator americanus, Trichuris trichiura, Taenia spp)
- Additional Tests (Elastase, Steatocrit, SIgA, Anti-Gliadin, Calprotectin, b-Glucuronidase, Occult Blood)
- Antibiotic Resistance Genes
If you are experiencing chronic sleep and/or gut issues (eg. bloating, irritation, leaky gut, poor nutrient absorption, constipation, diarrhea), you may have an undetected gut pathogen (parasite, bacteria, fungus/yeast) dysrupting your system. This test is recommended for those with known gut distress, chronic yeast infections, or those who have traveled to a third world country and have an elevated risk of gut pathogen exposure.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Returns & refunds are unavailable for this item.
Within the U.S. or Canada, use the FedEx shipping bag enclosed in the test kit shipped to your address and drop the package off at a FedEx office or call FedEx for a free pick-up to ship your samples upon collection. Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory does not ship to New York state, however, test kits can be shipped to your address via USPS at a cost of $15.
STOOL SAMPLE COLLECTION INFO
- Clients must complete all highlighted sections of the Test Requisition Form and include a copy of the front and back of the insurance card.
- Do not add diagnostic codes to the form.
- The lab recommends refrigerating the specimen if it will not be shipped the same or next day.
- The lab must receive the sample within 6 days of collection (for the SIgA result to be valid). The DNA for the pathogens part of the panel however, is stable for up to 2 weeks.
- The client does NOT need to be off antimicrobials (antibiotics or herbal supplements) prior to collecting the stool sample (unlike the BH401H which does not allow the use of antimicrobials at least 2 weeks prior to collecting the samples to avoid interference).
- Orally taken steroids can interfere with the inflammatory markers and if possible the patient should wait 3-4 weeks after the completed regiment to do the GI-MAP. Also, after a colonoscopy, the patient should wait about a week to do the test.
- The turn-around time to receive the results back is 7-10 business days from when the lab receives the sample