Food Sensitivity MRT Test- Oxford Biomedical
Test Type: Blood (4 vials)
The MRT tests your body's reactivity to 170 foods, chemicals and flavor enhancers using whole blood volume. This test provides insight into inflammation provoking foods and food chemicals and identifies the best foods for the individual – the foods that should form the basis of the client’s eating plan. It is not dependent on antibody reactions (IgG, IgA, etc).
170 MARKERS INCLUDED ON THIS TEST:
- Meats & Poultry
- Flavor Enhancers
Diet-induced inflammatory reactions cause mediator release (cytokines, histamine, leukotrienes, prostaglandins, etc) from various white blood cells (lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, eosinophils). MRT uses a patented combination of flow cytometry and proprietary impedance technology to measure subtle volumetric changes in white blood cell populations simultaneously. Volumetric changes after food or food-chemical challenge are quantified and reported as Non-Reactive, Moderately Reactive, or Reactive.
BLOOD SAMPLE COLLECTION INFO
- Collect blood AFTER 12 PM (noon) local time.
- There is a 25% discount for FDNs to run the test on themselves (cost: $251.25)
- Oxford has partnered with Any Lab Test Now to provide blood draw services at nearly 180 locations across the country. Have your patient bring his or her MRT Draw Kit & MRT Requisition Form to their local Any Lab Test Now and the blood draw will be done for a flat fee of $30 at all locations, payable at the time of blood draw. To find an Any Lab Test Now location near you, visit https://www.anylabtestnow.com/locations/ . You can also access all MRT blood draw options through their website: www.nowleap.com/draw-locator. You can also request a blood draw location by contacting Oxford Client Services at 1-888-669-5327 Mon – Fri from 9 am – 5:30 pm EST, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blood draws are not able to be performed within New York State. Any client in New York state would be required to travel out of state to have their blood drawn. The US Biotek IgG test can be collected and returned from New York State.
- Once the blood draw is arranged email Iso-Lab at email@example.com (Attn: Dorota Kurek) at least 48 hours prior to the draw to notify her of the date the draw is being done and the specimen is being sent. The following details will need to be sent to have the pick up arranged by Iso-Lab: Exact time and date of pick up, address and phone number of contact person.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Returns & refunds are unavailable for this item.
The test kit is sent via regular mail to you. The kit includes return packaging and paperwork. The blood draw location will ship your blood directly to the lab using the bag with your kit (leave the kit with them and they will take care of the rest).